Friday, 13 July 2012

Gotta Love Shopping

So a couple of days ago I was procrastinating writing my Chapter 3 for my action research and I decided to hit up Walmart and the Dollarama for anything with the colors lime green, turquoise, pink, and black. These are the colors I have chosen to use in my classroom next year. I am super excited and hope it turns out great. I thought I would share with you the treasures I found. I am not sure how I will use some of them yet but I will definitely post those pictures when I go in at the end of Aug./beginning of Sept. to set up my classroom.

I fell in love with the giant, blue pillow and will let the kids use it while silent reading. My son cannot stop petting it :)


I am not 100% sure what I am going to do with the ribbon and the fabric yet...hmmm. Well I guess I have a few months to decide.


I might use the fabric to make triangle pendants to hang on the wall. I will have to find some more though. Oh darn I have to shop some more :P

When I got home I decided I needed some new labels for my duotang buckets and thought I would make some to number the hooks. If you know me you are probably thinking....Shouldn't you be working on your action research paper? Yup I should but this was funner :) Oh yeah, I also made labels for my washroom sign out area. Last year I just wrote it on the white board but was annoyed that I had to keep rewriting it everyday because the students would erase part of it or they would want to write Girls and Boys with the markers. This year I will have permanent labels that I won't have to rewrite ! ! !
If you want these labels for your classroom just click on the picture to get them.

I am off to work on my action research paper now so have a great day.
Cheers,

13 comments:

  1. I am using the same colors in my room this year! Your little stash of goodies looks like mine from yesterday, too. I look forward to seeing your class photos! Thanks for sharing your labels and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a request yesterday to add labels for the names of the months. I am creating them today and then will revise my product on TPT. If you downloaded the labels check back in the next couple of days for the revised set:)

      Delete
  2. thanks so much for this!!!! My room will be in the same colors!!!!!!!!!!! I won't ask for anything because I am grateful that I found these!!! I wish that I knew how to do this for myself! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I absolutely love this color combination:) As I make things for my classroom I will be posting them here so keep checking back, you never know what treasures you will find:)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! I was just sitting down to my trusty laptop to make new labels ... in these exact colors!!!!! Thank you so much for saving me some time. Now I'll have to repay at some point! I am loving these colors together. They go so well with the Rockin' theme I have. You now have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have now had requests for labels saying CAFE, Daily 5, and Bible. If you want any of these or any others just send me an email and they will be yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors of your classroom!

    Is there anything specific you want me to mention on the invitation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the colors of your class! I also love that ribbon you picked up... way too cute!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of your post when I was at Walmart the other day. Your post inspired me to hit Dollarama (yet again this year) and while I was at the mall I went to Walmart. Thought you might want to know that they have patterned DUCT TAPE to match the things you bought. I know how hard it can be to find things here in the great white north!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious... I have to go out tonight so I will stop at Walmart and try and find it. I hope they have it. Thanks for the info:)

      Delete
    2. Thank you , thank you, thank you! I went to Walmart tonight and found it all. I bought 2 tonight and will save more for later when I decide what I want to do with it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...